RMT: 75 gal planted

rummynose

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
dont know
Here is my 75 gal. Its a work in progress. Some of you helped me out on this setup about 8 months ago, many thanks! I'm looking to replace some of the plants (vals and hygro), any suggestions?

SPECS
Substrate: Flourite
Lighting: shop light, 240 W
pH: 6.8
kH: 6
DIY Co2
Fish: 10 rummynose tetra, 6 corydoras (3 bronze, 3 spotted), 4 fake SAE, 4 ottocincius, 2 german rams, 1 angel (its mate of 6 yrs passed recently sadly :( ).
Plants: Sunset Hygro, Corkscrew Val, Rotala Indica, amazon sword, cryptcorne, java fern, java moss, hornwort, annubias nana. (spelling?).

Attachments

Last edited:

dgodwin

Large Fish
Dec 2, 2002
Buffalo, NY
www.dgodwin.com
I'd get a black background for the tank to help contrast the plant colours. Also, try and add some either darker green, or red plants (Red Ludwigia or Cryptocorne wendtii (red variety) come to mind, although I'm sure there are others) NIce looking tank though. Is that the Sunset Hygro along the left side of the tank? It looks like it's doing well.

rummynose

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
dont know
Thanks All!!

The plant on the left is Sunset Hygro. It has really pretty red/pink leaves. Only problem is it grows horizontally and it grows very fast. Constant trimming. Same problem with the corkscrew Val.

I like the black background idea, been thinkin about doing that.

The rotala really is more red but the color didn't turn out as well on the pic.

Thanks

steve535

Large Fish
Feb 10, 2003
nj
Visit site
very nice.try taking out about 1/3 the HYGRO & VALL,then add someting with a broad leaf to give the tank different textures(the vall is agressive and will grow back quickly if you dont like the look)try some Echinodorus any of the sword family. i like melon and amazon swords.Cryptocoryne also has great texture ,wendtii(red)or axelrodi(red/green).Aponogeton madagascar lace will go to the top of tank then hang over (pending on your fish delicate plant)i hope this will help lol. steve535

Raisin

New Fish
Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
Those plants on the left in the foreground. Those are the hygro sunset, right? Do they have little flowers on them or does it just seem that way in the picture?

Pretty interesting. Are they hard to grow?