RMT: 72gal bowfront mbuna tank

lizwinz

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Racine, WI
still cycling *SLEEPING*...but i'll update the pic after i go "fishing" ;)

equipment: 200watt ebo-jager heater and magnum 350pro w/bio-wheels

substrate and rocks: crushed coral, texas holey, tufa, rainbow slate, rainbow quartz, rainbow rock, utah ice and some drilled green rock (dont know what kind)

let me know what u guys think:)

--liz:)

Attachments

Last edited:

lizwinz

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Racine, WI
thanx for the comments guys :D

i'm not sure what mbunas we will put in...still trying to figure out compatiblity, theres alot of conflicting info out there :confused: but we'll figure out as best we can and learn along the way i suppose

we are going to stock it halfway when its done cycling with fish from lfs and then after a while i'll order some the rest from armkes.com...they have alot of fish i cant find around here

hopefully i'll figure out how to take better pics by then ;)
we borrowed a digi-cam to take this pic and didn't have time to play around with the lighting to get it right

lizwinz

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Racine, WI
clotha-thanx for the comment, i havent heard that about tufa but im looking into it...maybe i'll take them out and epoxy them, cuz i'm not giving them up :)

soul- thanx...i looked for saulosi but couldn't find any :( that was one of the ones i was thinking of

i went last week and got some red zebras, yellow labs, chipokea, socolofi (sp), demosoni (sp) and some "snow white" still got to get my scientific names together :D

also got some "rustys" from a mixed tank (i know...i know...but i'm weak) i thought they looked liked rustys till i got them home and theyve colored up a bit and do not look as much like rustys anymore...i think i learned my lesson on that :( ...they are going back next time i go up there

also got some borleyi on acceident that will have to go back soon as well...my husband went to lfs...guy there told him they were mbuna :mad: ...i like them but i dont think they would do well in the long run

here's some pics

http://community.webshots.com/album/64966491IojucG