Riseabovethesun's 40gal Breeder

Apr 14, 2008
Thanks for the compliment on my tanks! :D I'm glad you like them!

You know, I love angelfish, but I should add they can[emphasis on the can, maybe it's just me who's had a crazy experience with one] majorly get big and aggressive IME...I have one in "my" 40gB who will kill any new fish and any brightly colored fish[she even randomly "attacks" the albino cories she's lived with all these years]...hopefully if you get one, it'll be a well behaved...well...angel! :p They have *AWESOME* personalities and are truly bonded to specific people and not only mindlessly beg for food...

I wouldn't say your tank is overstocked, tho...there may be a lot of fish, but a lot of them I've heard would *MUCH* rather be crammed together and "overstocked" then in few numbers...besides, all the animals you have in there aren't really a major bioload so I'm sure it's perfect!

I think they're quite unique, I enjoy the aesthetics of them as well as the inhabitants :)

Oh I agree a variety of fish can have totally different impacts on tanks than necessary. It was between the pearl gourami or angelfish, I just miss angelfish -- my mom had some when I was younger. If they were to briefly step out of line in the tank I would remove them, I can just picture my tetra army going rampant on that angel, but I know a crazy angel could probably take them out.

I do have some fish that definitely prefer large schools and most of them are just that way. I have a pretty hefty filter, tons of plants and do decent water changes. I enjoy it but I also want to change it...but shouldn't ha ha.

I just want a larger fish to be the centerpiece or to just add to it, that doesn't hide away...I saw gorgeous discus at my LFS, but my tank is suitable for discus and I'd want a ton of them if I had them. I'm open to other suggestions....

Apr 14, 2008
Yeah, I agree that a discus would sadly be a no go in there but when/if you do get a discus tank, I can imagine how awesome it's gonna be! :D Something to look forward to, I guess?

As for the centerpiece for this tank, I'm gonna just put in the vote you go get a smaller angel and let it grow up in here/adapt to smaller fish...it'd probably help with the wanting something kinda different thing...

Oh another fish tank? I don't know about that -- quite an addicting and expensive hobby, but I know my limits. Maybe if this tank ever completely crashes, which I certainly hope not, but a rebuild as a discus would be lovely.

I have hopes for the angel, so we will see. My LFS was slacking in the gourami department and their angels weren't too lively, I'm waiting for the other LFS to get some more stock in, if I'm going to spend the money I definitely want the perfect one, you know? :)

Apr 14, 2008
I know exactly what you're saying! I'm holding out for the "perfect" koi angel...lol

Anyways, whatever you end up doing, it's gonna be awesome...even the possibility this will be a discus tank one day! :p

Apr 14, 2008
Probably the 55gal or even the 90gal if I do end up, by some chance, getting that...my friend & I are planning a 240gal tank at some point so it'd eventually go in there... :p

Sad about the gouramis not being happy/miserable tho...but I know whatever angel or gourami you get will be a stunning & happy fish... :D