Riseabovethesun's 40gal Breeder

Could not find my old thread for the life of me, so I'm starting a new one. Finally got around to taking new photos of the tank and a few of the inhabitants that made taking their photo near impossible. *SUNSMILE*

I completely forgot to clean the glass before the photos too -- shame on me.

Thank you Lotus!

@tom91970, best on MFT? I doubt that, but I do appreciate the compliment makes me feel like all the money and time has been well spent. It's a fun tank!

Thank you laura, I was thinking the other day that I was glad it kind of decorated itself because the whole aqua-scaping thing just wasn't working for me. You always just boost my fish ego back up when it's crumbling, I was doubting my tank for awhile there.

@Newman! The all mighty fish tank master :):) I'm glad you think it looks good. Definitely not as great as your pictures, but hey I'm trying to catch up :p

Last edited:

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
VERY wrong about the picture quality haha, you take some of the best fish profile pics I've seen here.
I would also agree with tom, it is one of the best FW tanks here. the scape is unique and I bet its amazing to watch all those different fish swim around in it :D

VERY wrong about the picture quality haha, you take some of the best fish profile pics I've seen here.
I would also agree with tom, it is one of the best FW tanks here. the scape is unique and I bet its amazing to watch all those different fish swim around in it :D
You're too kind! I love taking photos though, I do a lot better with actual landscapes and objects, fish are my biggest challenge but it's great to know they're looking pretty good. It is really nice to watch them swim around, too many of them in there, but I love it. The cardinals STILL refuse to show their face, but maybe someday. The only downfall is that I bought a light not realizing that it was that purple color for reefs and I didn't want that, but was too lazy to return it, so I would love to see what better lighting could do for them, this one totally washes them out :(

Although, I have to say that your tanks are my favorite.

paperdog9

Large Fish
Dec 11, 2009
Your Imagination
Wowie! Well I was trying to find a way to describe it, but I kinda gave up and I'll just say it is BEAUTIFUL. I'm jealous, it looks perfectly balanced when it comes to plants, and the livestock are great! I especially love the little killifish. I forgot what those were called, was it Lampeye Killifish or something?

Wowie! Well I was trying to find a way to describe it, but I kinda gave up and I'll just say it is BEAUTIFUL. I'm jealous, it looks perfectly balanced when it comes to plants, and the livestock are great! I especially love the little killifish. I forgot what those were called, was it Lampeye Killifish or something?
It's totally annoying me right now, you can have it LOL! But thank you!! Those are the Lampeye Killifish, yes! They're so much fun I would love 100s of them, but there were only three at the LFS and I never saw any again :( it was a sad day. It's like tetras galore in there, sometimes I look at it and wonder if I have a slight addiction to tetras and don't know it....

Apr 14, 2008
That's how I am with all my tanks... :p But yours...IDK how you could ever "hate" it even if joking...I have major tank envy looking at it! haha

May I ask what all stock you have in there, BTW?

That's how I am with all my tanks... :p But yours...IDK how you could ever "hate" it even if joking...I have major tank envy looking at it! haha

May I ask what all stock you have in there, BTW?
Oh pish! You're too kind. You have fabulous tanks yourself, you know. Oh my stock....my infamous overstocking. Let's see, I'll list species, not numbers ha ha.

Rummy Nosed Tetras
Cardinal Tetras
Silver Tip Tetras
Von Rios
Upside down Catfish
Kuhli Loaches
Panda Cories
Fake Julii Cories
Yoyo (Botia) Loach
Lampeye Killifish
Miscellaneous Shrimp, ADFs, Nerites

Hmm...so trying to think of them off the top of my head, I THINK that's it. I've been throwing the idea around of getting some angels though, something to offset my massive tetra school -- seriously like a tetra army.