RIP Jasper

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
I went to go feed my bettas this morning and found my beautiful crimson male veiltail dead. I didn't notice that he was sick or anything and I don't think he was too old (my blue/yellow is older and still going strong). You'll be missed, Jazz!

Attachments

DarkLies

Large Fish
Nov 9, 2009
Louisiana
Aww =/

If it makes you feel any better, both of my red males died randomly (and I cried a bit) =/
I'm convinced the red line is cursed

Jasper will be missed! RIP!

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Thanks, guys. DarkLies, I might agree with you about the crimsons. I lost my crimson female within two weeks of moving her into the 45gal along with the rest of the females. I've since replaced her, but I don't think I'm going to replace Jasper right now. I'm going to get that pleco I saw at Walmart and not get anymore fish (except those I've already planned on buying...the five mollies and five otos for the 45gal). I have to strip down the 10gal that Jasper was in with two other veiltail males and thoroughly clean/sanitize it 'cuz I don't know how he died or what he died from and I don't want to lose the other two boys that are in there too.

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
It's been almost four days and they aren't hatched yet. :( I can't see them well enough to tell if they're viable (someone mentioned checking for eyes?) 'cuz they're toward the back of the tank in the middle, pretty much as far away from the sides as they can be. So, I've pretty much written them off as duds. :( All-in-all, not a great week for fishes. Hopefully the new pleco will cheer me up.

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
I kept my dad's camera, so I'm going to take pics of the new guy as soon as I get him home tomorrow. I really want to know what species of pleco he is (so I can tell what size he'll get to). His name shall be Alistar, regardless of sex (probably). My other pleco was named Alistar (after the reclusive vamp in Breaking Dawn) and he totally fit the name. :p

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Thanks, Newman. He will be missed. I'm still working on getting the 10gal he was in with the other two males cleaned/disinfected. It's finals week, so it's taking longer than it should. :p

And the new addition, Alistar, is freakin' adorable! He's found where the otos hang out in the rock cave during the day and just chills with them.

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Yeah, so adding insult to injury. My gorgeous crowntail female that I was having problems with died last night...as well as one of the upside down cats. The upside down cat was being harrassed by one of my females, so I think she was the cause of his demise. Everyone else is going fine, though.