RIP Epona, my deformed female guppy

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
I got a whole bunch of guppies for free of CL (like 30 of them) and in among the giant net-full that the people scooped up for me was a cute little female that was severely deformed. Her back was bent at a 45 degree angle...the wrong way. However, it didn't stop her from swimming around and nabbing her share of the food. She was a special little girl that learned to cope with her deformity and I named her Epona. I planned on keeping her even though I was getting rid of all my other guppies. I realized tonight that I hadn't seen her in a few days, so I went hunting for her in the 55gal. I found her remains behind my big piece of DW on the sand back there.

Her favorite place to sit in the 55gal was on one of the leaves of my giant Amazon sword where she was close to the surface in case food was "accidently" dropped into the tank.

Goodbye, Epona. Your will to live will be greatly missed.

(Not great pics of her, but you can get an idea what she looked like)

Some vid of her swimming:
SANY2963.flv video by matrixmommy229 - Photobucket

Jan 8, 2009
Richmond,Va
Sorry too hear about your loss.:( From the picture,it looks like the guppies spine is curved.Poor girl.Kind of looks like a question mark.I bet it would have been cool to watch her grow.

I had a female auratus dip tank on me last summer.Sucks when that happens!

Last edited: