RIP Daisy

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
It is moments like these that make me think twice about the way I am running my 40 gal planted tank...
Cause of death is currently unknown. If i get the chance, I will try to find out if the cause was something that she ate.
Water quality is a non issue. not other fish seems affected by anything. Daisy perished within 12 hours of me seeing her fully alive and active. I will update this if I find anything...

Doratus

Small Fish
Sep 10, 2010
I have to be honest, when I saw the category "Obituaries" I laughed out loud for about five minutes.

Seriously though, I'm sorry about Daisy.

lauraf

Superstar Fish
Jan 1, 2010
Vancouver, British Columbia
Colin, this is serious!!! There are some fish that just deserve a proper send-off.
Okay, okay - yes, I am understanding why you are laughing. But still.

And Newman, I'm sorry about Daisy. Please let us know if you figure out what the cause was.

Doratus

Small Fish
Sep 10, 2010
Well I think there is always a reason... It's just that not many people will actually pay to have an autopsy of their fish to find out. Could have been a brain aneurysm or cancer or a failed organ or something like that. When fish die in an aquarium it's not automatically a result of the care provided. (I think that is what you were really trying to say, ValRasbora)

...and sorry for laughing

Newman

Elite Fish
Sep 22, 2009
Northern NJ
oh right you laughed cuz of obituaries...
well idk it could have been a failed organ, or maybe internal bleeding because she did bleed at the slightest touch when i was taking her out...it was definitely not any large noticeable cancer within her body, but idk about the brain, there could be cancer there who knows?

she will be missed, I was hoping to raise her to a large adult size in the perfect "all the plants you could eat" buffet environment...