RIP African Dwarf Frog

prsturm

Large Fish
Aug 13, 2010
Overnight one of my ADFs wedged himself between the glass and my CO2 bubble rack. He drowned. Aside from being tortured by images of a struggling frog trying to surface, I'm pretty angry.

Is there any aquarium safe underwater tape or some kind of barrier I can put along my CO2 rack to prevent this?

prsturm

Large Fish
Aug 13, 2010
Ok, here is one picture. I can't really get close up to the rack, since I've got a bookcase and some drawers on either side of the tank.

prsturm

Large Fish
Aug 13, 2010
That's a good idea. Didn't think of making more space. I was thinking of maybe just attaching it to the glass directly.

Feb 27, 2009
A buddy of mine had fish get behind the rack more than once. What she did was get a piece of PVC pipe a little wider than the ladder, and put caps on both ends. She then cut a slit in the length that allowed the ladder's bottom edge to sit into the PVC pipe and siliconed it into place.

The end result was that she could put it anywhere by just burying the PVC pipe in the gravel. She'd put it behind large leaf plants or rocks so you couldn't see it.