Rest In Peace, little cory :(

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
well, I just flushed one of my albino corydoras. It was the puny, scrawny one. I must admit that he lasted way longer than I thought he would. I also noticed my other 2 corys were feasting on their little brother- not unexpected. I am sure that he died because he was a runt.
RIP, Little buddy :(

Apr 14, 2008
Awwwwwwwww....I'm so sorry!

My new fish, Onyx [a black moor], is realllllllllyyyyyy skinny, but I'm feeding him good and hoping he can pull through.

I also noticed you got more Harlies. :D

So, that's a good thing I think!

ValRasbora

Superstar Fish
May 2, 2009
Atlantic Canada
yeah too bad :( I got him dirt cheap though ($2!), because he was locally bred. He was really young- like just barely (if not less) than an inch. and really skinny! I would have fed them extensively... but its kinda hard with the platies... always hungry and acting like they're half-starved (which, by the way, they are not...)!

I hope Onyx pulls through, good luck! I once had a black moor named Shadow. They are really pretty fish!

Oh and yes, more harlies :D got them on Friday night, they are big ones too- one of them I'd say is even 1.5 inch! My old harlequin is still unsure if she should still be hanging out with the neons... or with the harlequins. I don't blame her, she's been away from other harlies for a long time now.

Apr 14, 2008
yeah too bad :( I got him dirt cheap though ($2!), because he was locally bred. He was really young- like just barely (if not less) than an inch. and really skinny! I would have fed them extensively... but its kinda hard with the platies... always hungry and acting like they're half-starved (which, by the way, they are not...)!

I hope Onyx pulls through, good luck! I once had a black moor named Shadow. They are really pretty fish!

Oh and yes, more harlies :D got them on Friday night, they are big ones too- one of them I'd say is even 1.5 inch! My old harlequin is still unsure if she should still be hanging out with the neons... or with the harlequins. I don't blame her, she's been away from other harlies for a long time now.
I'm happy the Rasbora atleast has options now. LOL Mine always hung together, but out of 8, I have 3[old age as they were 2" when I bought them a year ago!!]

I would've named Onyx; Shadow, BUT, I have a cat named Shadow. LOL He's looking good and getting alittle fatter, so I'm thinking he'll pull through, but I'm unsure. He seems strong enough and swims, eats, and has his dorsal up which are all good signs! :)

hope Onyx pulls through!
Thanks for the well wishes! I'm pretty sure he will and he's getting special treatment ATM. :D