RENA XP3 at ebay

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
you can get one on aquariumguys.com for 123.00 with shipping after you apply our 8% discount.. that is dirt cheap compared to eheim and most fluval filters. petsmart carries rena canisters in their stores... but they are 190.00 for the xp3. get it from aquariumguys.. I bought 2 of them from there!

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
do you like the rena filter? I love them.. I also just bought the rena smart heaters for my xp3's. it replaces the intake tubes with the heater tubes.. they are nice

LMarts

Large Fish
Feb 24, 2008
Georgia
I don't know whether I like them or not...haven't recieved it yet. But I have done alot of research and most of the news with the RENA's has een positive. this will be my first canister filter, and I wanted simple and easy. Most reviews said these filters are simple, effective and eay. I like easy ;-) Guess that sounds bad...hee hee hee

pwrmacG4

Superstar Fish
Jan 16, 2008
My LFS!
extremely easy to set up! you're easy..lmao!

priming this filter is easy too! after you get the tubes set up.. which only takes a few minutes, you take the cap off the intake tube on the top and fill the tube with water until it gets to the top.. then close the shutoff handle and it will start sucking water from the tank to fill it up..takes almost 2.5 gallons to fill it.. so be prepared to top off the tank because it will drop some. you wait about 2 minutes.. and plug it in. it might be a little loud for a day.. but it quiets down considerably. Keep us updated!

LMarts

Large Fish
Feb 24, 2008
Georgia
I sent up the Rena XP4 last night...other than having to really work at getting the tubes all the way on (rather tight fit than loose fit), it went perfectly. I hear NO noise from the tank now. I can't say anything on how well it worksyet, but from the water movement that I saw in the first couple of minutes, I think it will be fantastic! Very happy!

Lonewolfblue

Superstar Fish
Jun 5, 2006
Wenatchee, WA
www.nw-wolf.com
You are going to be really happy with the XP's. I have an XP3 on my 75g, and XP3 on my 55G, and an XP2 on my 29G, and all have been great. Have had almost no problems other than getting plugged up when I don't do maintenance on a regular basis, lol. As for the heaters, I use the Hydor ETH 300 heaters. They work awsome.