Rena Filstar XP3

amystours

Medium Fish
Feb 26, 2006
Drs. Foster and Smith had it on the back page of their last catalog....an XP3 for $89.99!!!

PetSmart sells them for $179. You can take in an ad from a competitor and they will match the price! Talk about a save!

hyunelan2

Large Fish
Jun 1, 2005
Near Chicago, IL
Also, petmart.com sells the xp3 for $104.99 (not quite as cheap as the sale you mentioned). If you bring in the printed page of the petsmart.com item, the store will pricematch.

I've been thinking about a Rena canister for a while, my friend just bought an XP3 for his new 125g - so I'm gonna wait and see how his opinions on it.

amystours

Medium Fish
Feb 26, 2006
Absolutely. I love mine. Maintenance is a snap on them, it's self-priming, and soooo much less troublesome and cumbersome than the regular filters you hang on the back of a tank. This makes all the difference in the world when you are pressed for space, like me. I'm also in the process of putting a 125 in the wall of my living room, and we aren't even finished cutting the hole for it yet, but I went out and got my XP3 already!

yav1n

Medium Fish
Aug 2, 2006
my fluval just died where or how can i get the catolog o drs foster and smith? I was looking at the rena at petco and they wanted 200 for the biggest one

Aug 4, 2006
Alabama
Big Als Online also has them for $89.99. I just ordered my second one. They also have a few other things on sale (some heaters)....I compared the prices from Drs Foster and Smith to Big Al's prices on the stuff I wanted and Big Als was cheaper overall (I'm a bargain shopper)....this time. :)

The Drs and Big Als have great prices though and usually its only a few dollars difference between them.