Rena Filstar XP-3

R

ronrca

I bought one 4 weeks ago from BigAlsOnline. I love it except......I unplugged it to check the filter media, and when I went to plug it back in making sure to follow the instructions, it had trouble pumping the water. Finally after checking hoses for clogging, I took out the impellar and found that the rotor magnetic is cracked. Im having troubles finding a impellar to replace it with. Anyone else come across this yet?

FishChick

Medium Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Wisconsin
Have you asked your lfs yet?  I know I can get the impellars in at my work.  Rena is made by aquaium pharmactuals, I know I can't spell, sorry.  Your lfs should be very happy to order it for you if you ask them.  :)

R

ronrca

That was one of the first places I asked. They dont have any in stock but hope to get some but they dont know when. BigAlsOnline said the same thing. My lfs said that they might take out the impellar out of the new filters and then replace it when they get some in stock. Im going there today at lunch. If not I'll have to wait weeks yet. I have e-mailed Aquar. Ph. too. Do  you work at a fish store? Where?

R

ronrca

Yesterday I spoke with my lfs and he had no problem with replacing my cracked impellar. He is great. I also asked if this would be a regular thing but he said not. One thing I did notice as I started the XP-3 yesterday, if there is too much water in the filter, it will start leaking out the top. I guess there is a little hole where the tubes come in that has to be open for it to work properly. Otherwise it is a great filter, easy to disconnect, easy to clean and does a very good job of filtering. My 90G has been running for 2 weeks now, 1 week with fish and Im not getting any NH3, NO2, NO3 readings. I removed the chemical filters and just have mechanical filters. I also added a capful of ammonia.

R

ronrca

I just received a call from Aquarium Ph. Technical Service and he was really nice. He told me to send just the impellar addressed to him and he would replace it for free. What a great company. Im definitely going to be buying more from them. I totally recommend their products. I also like their test kits better than Hagen moreso the test tubes.

R

ronrca

Another update! I just received an e-mail from Aquarim. Pharm. asking for my address so they can send me a new impellar without sending the old one in. Im very pleased with their customer service.

R

ronrca

Yesterday, I received the impellar from Aquarium Pharm.!  ;D Im very happy with their service  :D