Re: Corys for 10 Gallon

Oct 22, 2002
Alright, I am cycling my 10 gallon right now.  My plan is to somewhat heavily plant the tank and include a male betta, 2 african dwarf frogs, and I was going to add some corys as bottom feeders.  What is the minimum they need for a school?  I am kind of clueless when it comes to catfish, so any advice will be appreciated.  Also, I am very diligent about keeping the water clean, so frequent water changes are not a problem.

Oct 22, 2002
How active are Albino Corys?  I went to the local Petsm yesterday to pick up some water treatment and I took a look at the albino corys.  There were two in a tank with about 25 tetras.  One of them was active, while the other hardly moved.  I don't plan on buying any until another week or so, and not from there, but what behavior should I look for?

Oct 22, 2002
hey bluemeanie!  i have 2 albinos...and they are pretty active.  but if u want something reeeeaaallly active...get some panda (bandit) cories...they ARE CUTE and very enjoyable to watch.  i have 4 different types of cories in my tank (3 gal...i know its kinda small, but im planning to upgrade pretty soon to a 20 gal).  but yeah...for active cories...go with pandas!  they are very interesting.  

Oct 22, 2002
philadelphia
Personally, I've never met a cory I didn't like.  I think 2-3 is a nice number for a 10G.  I kept two peppered in a twenty once.  They were most happy.  Always hanging out together.  I never knew what sexes they were so that might have been a factor.  They got pretty big though.  I wouldn't want to keep them in a 10G.  You should check out Clothahump's web sight.  <<ehiem-uk.com>>.  Or sumthing like that.  Check out his profile and get there from here.  It's a dedicated Cory site.  Also check out planetcatfish.com.  An excellent site dedicated to all sorts of catfish.  Look up some that will stay small and get 3 or 4.

Good Luck

pdid

Simpleton

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I have 2 albino cories and they are my 2 favorite. After one of my angel fish ripped the eyes outa one fish I was worried that I was going to have to put him/her in a different tank and that the other one would compete for food with him.
Instead the other one moved closer to it and nudges the blind one around, to get food. It is the neatest thing to see.
They are great fish and really nice to each other no matter what type. *twirlysmiley*

Craig