Ram Man's 5 gallon cube of death.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
well, the search for a new mantis continues, when i go to get some more liverock for the 5.5 gallon, im gonna ask the store manager if he can order any specific species in.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
well, you guys are gonna see the new inhabitant sooner than expected, i found a mantis at the lfs, he is missing a uropod but it will grow back, he is a N wennerae and only 1.5 inches long.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
well, a quick update, the little beasts species is now being questioned, he might be a g. chiragra or N. wennerae, maybe even N. bredini, if he is the first 1 i am going to have to find him a new home

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
i doubt it, mantis shrimp are to smart to run into glass, and when they run into something they will just go the opposite way.

also there are onlya handfull of species out of over 500 species that are capable of smashing glass if they are in an inappropriate encloser. and only 2 of them are commonly found.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
I found him at aquatouch, thank god scott was there, he seems to be the most helpfull, and gets you out of the store quick(i hate shopping, i want to be in and out) they didnt have much in stock as far as corals. they did have a wicked pair of helfrich's(sp) firefish.

no i havnt been able to identify, i have to wait till the next molt. and he is also missing a uropod, which i found out will never grow back... so i have two reasons to return him, he is possibly a species i cant provide a proper home for, and they sold me an injured animal.

ram man

Superstar Fish
Apr 16, 2005
Arizona
i dont even know if he will survive the molt. according to reef central injured mantis shrimp have a higher chance of not having a succesful molt...