Question....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2006
enterprisesteaks.com
I was at the PetsMart the other day, and bought what was told to be a none aggresive striped type fish. It was a name of something I never heard before, so I forget what it was called. Anyway , now it has killed two of the guppies in my little 10g tank, and its working on the last two.

Could it be some breed of shark? It was in a tank all by itself.

Nov 27, 2005
Is it big or small? Sometimes peaceful fish can become aggressive when faced with territorial issues. It is easy to assume that a small fish needs only a little space. However that is not true in every case. I know there are a lot of tiny fish which do not like to be the only one of their species and actually need to school in order to thrive. Do you have enough hiding spots?

Never count on the people at the store to give you correct info. After all they are trained to sell. Most of the time their attitude is this: If you take it home and it dies, you'll come back and buy more. Most likely you will want to replace the ones that are gone (fish). I'd recommend finding out what fish you do have to prevent further loss. I hope everything works out.

Mar 26, 2006
enterprisesteaks.com

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!*celebrate

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Its says a 70g tank??!!!!??!! WHAT THE FU** AM I GOING TO DO NOW!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You would think the store would tell me this stuff. I have had Oscars before, and small sharks, and have had fish my whole life.

Tell you what I think I should do, is take it back and get a gold fish. I just wanted something simple for the kids. WHen my big Oscar died, that was it for me and fish. Now simple is good. I must say though, having been on this forum has got some wheels spining.*twirlysmi

I really like the idea of a crzy neon tank with black lights and gold fish.

mmmmmmm????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.