QT/Hospital tank, turned nano!!!

Joeyb1731

Large Fish
Jan 20, 2009
Oceanside NY
I have a 12 gallon nano and I set up a 10 gallon bare bones tank to use as a quarantine/hospital tank. I added the 2 and only 2 fish to my 12 gallon after quarantining them both seperatly for a week or so. They are both healthy now so I have this tank sitting in my room filled with saltwater, so i decided to change it to a nano since I cant get enough of saltwater tanks. I bought 12 pounds of live sand and 4 pounds of LR just to get started and I had a penguin 350 hob filter which i thought was broken but after playing with it found that the impeller just fell off and wasnt sitting right, i fixed that and the tank is running, I know the penguin 350 is prob not enough flow for the 10 gallon, but until i get the powerheads this will have to do, I ordered some lighting and the powerheads tonite and the tank looks beautiful I even have 2 or 3 really nice feather dusters already. I wanna make it an open top tank and I definitly want a black and white clown. Any other suggestions for fish?

unwritten law

Superstar Fish
Sep 2, 2008
DC
A black and white clown is not meant for a 10 gallon tank. Especially if your looking to add something else. They get too big and need too much room. Also they get mean and since the tank is so small it'll probably kill something.

I'd suggest a firefish and or a clown goby