PushOver FEmale betta!

Aug 25, 2009
CERTAIN female betta splendens can be aggressive to different tankmates and the opposite sex of its species.

FEmale bettas can be so aggressive to otherfishes other than there female counterparts.

IF dealing with a aggresive female betta isolate it,its too late to turn your betta peaceful again as it happen to my me,my female betta bullied the fishes in my tank causing me to isolate it.
SO BETTAr MALE tHAN FEMALE.

Sep 10, 2004
Texas
Visit site
Hi Fishychum. Based on my experience with both male and female bettas, it depends on the temperament of the fish. I currently have a female betta in a 30 gal tank with other fish. She is very peaceful and only is aggressive towards the red tail shark. The red tail shark "used to" chase her, but she gave him a taste of his own medicine. Needless to say, he leaves her alone. I have had both agressive female and male bettas well as passive female and male bettas.

bassbonediva

Superstar Fish
Oct 15, 2009
Northern Arizona
Hey, fishychum. I currently have NINE female bettas in the same tank and they're great together! There's some in-fighting every once in a while to re-establish dominance, but nothing too horrible. Just a few ragged fins for a couple of weeks. They're all sizes as well. My oldest girls are about 2-2.5 inches long and my youngest (and newest) is barely an inch long. They even ignore the otocinclus cats that are in the tank with them. I even tried to breed the black female I used to have to my crimson male (before I found out that black females are sterile!) and they loved each other! :-O I was warned many many times to watch them because the female could and would kill the male. I watched them, but there was no fighting, no fin-nipping, nothing.