Polypterus delhezi (armoured bichir)

Jun 3, 2009
B.C.
hey im looking into getting a Polypterus delhezi (armoured bichir) but first i need to find some info and tips. got any?

also i have a 3.5-4" albino rainbow shark in my 10 gallon tank which i would put the bichir in would that be ok or would it eat my shark.*laughingc

oh yea also what type fish could i put in with it? cichlids or somthing less agressive?

Last edited:

Monoxide

Large Fish
Dec 19, 2008
I don't know if its best to add much fish if any. 10G is pretty small and those can get if I remember maybe 6 inches.. And you already have them in medium size, and you want to had that other fish plus maybe a cichlid? Maybe to much in my eyes... but someone else might think other wise. My suggestion bigger tank.

Monoxide

Large Fish
Dec 19, 2008
No problem, also I was just thinking isn't this more for the buy/sell/advertise of an item.. But oh well forums can be forums.. Also Yes I suggest bigger tank..Depending on the Cichlid you would want.. and most of them are aggressive and hard to put in with any friends... Also there are smaller Cichlids But I will say 10G plus your fish aint working out... But yes I suggest... 29 gal People say oh well to much money.. or well I don't know about the room.. But trust me its worth it once you compare your 10 to your 29 gal.. well worth it..