Plants on Ebay

S-kate

Large Fish
Oct 21, 2005
Ithaca, NY
I'm glad your plants arrived alive, I bought some dwarf sag and dwarf hair grass on e-bay last year and paid extra for one day shipping and they took 2 weeks to arrive and were nothing but brown mush. Can't remember the store off hand. I hadn't checked the feedback before I bought and it was only about 70% positive.

TheShrimp

Small Fish
Jul 30, 2005
I ordered some glossotigma from ebay some time ago. It was pretty good deal I got *SUPERSMIL I had been looking for glosso for a long time..

Another good place for plants every once in a while is the "aquarium marketplace", last time I got a pretty nice assortment package for $20 shipped *thumbsup2 , although it has been a little big empty lately ...*SLEEPING*

Jan 22, 2007
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
I just ordered some Micro Sword from aquadise..I ordered on the 7th just shipped out today the 13th and hopefull i will get by saturday the 17th...10 dayz...humm and snails..i dont want snails, if there are alot I will probably ask how to rid of them..so ill keep u yall posted.

NJmom2002

Large Fish
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
Stuey it says on their page that they ship between 2-10 business days or something like that. I had asked them once why it took so long. Its basically becasue they get a ton of orders a day and fill in order they got them.. I have noticed that if you become a repeat customer they tend to ship faster. My first order took almost 2 weeks to get. But the 2nd and 3rd order I got within 5 days. I guess they give priority to repeat customers also.. As for the snails. It seems like only the moss has them.. I ordered the bliss package from them and the only thing that had snails was moss. The other stuff didnt have any..

NJmom2002

Large Fish
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
Well like I said stuey their site clearly states it takes 2-10 days BEFORE shipping. If you dont want to wait that long your best bet is to go to a store and get the plants. I picked up a bunch today at Petco for 1.99. You also have to remember you are not the only person ordering from them. And they fill orders in order that they received. So if 30 people had orders before you they will get theirs filled first. Thats why they say it takes 2-10 days before shipping. When you get a tracking number that means the item was shipped. So most likely your plants will get to you in 2-3 days since it is priority mail.. I have had no problems with the shipper when I bought my plants from them at all and I continue to go to them even though the first time it took 2 weeks toget my stuff. Its all about being patient.. If you dont have it you can always go somewhere else.. Right??

Jan 22, 2007
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Well I emailed him last night...He said he was going to ship it out this morring the 20th...thats 17 days, he told me that the plants he had were in not so good condition so he got some good ones and is sending them out now...BTW i dont trust petco anymore they sold me some nonaquatic plants. And nowhere around here sell plants..so yeah,.

Right from the site - Please allow 2-7 days for delivery.

so thats that.

Last edited:

NJmom2002

Large Fish
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
OK well would you rather have crappy bad condition plants in 5 days or wait the extra time to get good quality? I waited 14 days till I got mine the first time but this a pointless convo since you arent even listening (or reading)to what I am typing. So either way Im done with that issue. As far as Petco goes. I have learned to do my research first before buying anything. So the plants I bought I know are aquatic plants. I dont just go to the store and buy stuff not knowing a thing abuot it. I did that when I first got my aquarium and have learned my lesson.. I dont trust any of the stores this is why I ask here first or just simply do the research before buying. Saves money and time..

Jan 22, 2007
Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Well its hard at petco simply because they dont lable their plants nor do they know what they so yeah..I guess im just not a very patient person..A simple email would have been nice to inform me of the problem at hand. I just got my plant today so everything is fine.

Last edited:
I was told by my LFS that if you dip the plants in Potasssium Permagante (KMnO4) it will kill the snails and any eggs. Unfortunately this chemical is not the easiest to obtain. The only form of this I have seen was as a powder (we used it in the wastewater industry) and the problems are as follows:

1) - Spills the powder and it gets everywhere.
2) - Try and clean up the powder with water after using it and you will create more and more "purple". One ounce will noticibly color a million gallons of water!
3) - Itf the solutions gets on your skin it will leave a brown spot. This will eventually wear off or you can make a solution of lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide which will remove it.