Plants on Ebay

NJmom2002

Large Fish
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
Was able to find some Java Moss for 1.99 and 49 cent shipping. When on Ebay search for seller aquadisestore. They have alot of other plants as well.

NJmom2002

Large Fish
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
Yeah I was shocked with how cheap the plants were especially for a golf ball size and the shipping was basically free. I will let you know how they look when they come.

IDunnoWhy

Superstar Fish
Nov 16, 2006
Deerfield, WI
Thanks for the post, I checked out a few of the auctions and their store front, some pretty good deals (based on me knowing almost nothing about plants *twirlysmi ), and really reasonable shipping, usually they "shaft" you on shipping.

NJmom2002

Large Fish
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
I ordered 2 bunches but I havent received them yet. They are being sent out this week so I should get them hopefully next week. Hopefully I will have the new tank set up by then.. Keeping my fingers crossed. When I get them I will post pics..

NJmom2002

Large Fish
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
I finally received my moss today. They arrived alive and good condition. Nice sizes too. Only thing there is a ton of snails. Anyone know how I can get rid of them before I put them in the tank.. They are tiny..

Dec 30, 2006
Illinois
Great find!

Hmm well I have a lot of plants, and never have any snails in my tank with newly added plants.. I do a bleach solution to disinfect my plants, i wonder if the bleach kills the snails..?

I will have to check out that seller :) Thanks

dbleoh7

Large Fish
Sep 21, 2006
I also ordered some last monday. I should get them in the next 5 days and I live in North Dakota, so I'll see how the shipping holds up in the frigid tundra and get back to you all. I got some java moss, bacopa monneiri?, and dwarf hairgrass on the way.

NJmom2002

Large Fish
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
Dbleoh

Mine came in yesterday in -10 degree weather and they were perfect. It was shipped in a critical fedex bag. There wasnt any water in it but they were still wet. They werent dried out or anything.. I ordered 2 of them and they were about 2 inches wide and 2 inches high.. Like the size of a golf ball.. I have them in the 5 gallon tank and the ADF seems to like to hide in there.. Once I get the 29 gal up Im going to order some java fern from them..

dbleoh7

Large Fish
Sep 21, 2006
Just got them today and it was -23 w/wind chill. They all made it; nice and green except for the hairgrass which is about half dead...but it's alright they sent a ton of it.

VirgoWolf

Superstar Fish
Feb 16, 2006
Michigan
Yep, bleach kills snails. Avalon suggested to me a solution of 1 capful of bleach to 1/2 gal of water and a time of 1 min 30secs for week plants and a little longer for stronger plants. I tried this and it killed allt he planarias, pond snails, ramshorn snails, etc... that I was getting fed up with. My plants took it pretty well, after a few days my guppy grass pretty much died off though, but it did come back, so I'd maybe go a little less on the time or bleach for something like moss.

Funny, just before I saw this thread posted I stumbled across the same seller and saved the link, but I didn't want to comment because I wasn't sure if it was just too good to be true or not. Glad to hear there have been some good experiances with this seller. I may do some business with them in the future. :D

Guysy1110

Large Fish
Oct 26, 2006
essex
I order most of my palants off ebay, most of them arrive perfect, but theres the occasional time that they dont. The prices on there are great, but the delivery bumps it up sometimes to store price.

Still the hard to find things like: java and fire moss and riccia are great to get on there !

guysy

NJmom2002

Large Fish
Nov 30, 2006
NJ
Thanks for the heads up Lotus. IM going to get some Java fern from them next. Im setting up the 29 gal with plants and driftwood.. But right now I have the moss in the 5 gal. The fish in there seem to like it..

iamcowboy

Large Fish
Jan 14, 2007
Crandall, TX
I have bought a few times from this store in the past. Never a problem and the often offer FREE shipping with no minimum. I don't hold it against for not selling only "true aquatic". These days everybody is trying to make every buck that they can and compete. It pays to be an educated consumer.