Plans for 10 gallon nano

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
My tank now has it's first fish; bought a yellow-tailed damsel today to keep the crabs company. I'm hoping to have my clown fish on October 6th.

I also bought an Aquaclear 20 HOB filter for more water movement. So far the circulation is much better; in fact, I may hold off on buying the Koralia 1 I was going to order.

I looked around for some soft corals but the selection was bad...and way over priced.

After adding the fish to the tank I noticed that the three pieces of rock I originally bought have started to show a pinkish tint in some areas. It's taken nearly two months to start to change color.

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
Time for a long overdue update:

I bought a false perc and two turbo snails on October 10th. I did not notice the fish eating for the first three days but now has become a little pig.

The owner of the store also told me to take all the live rock I wanted (there was about 10 pounds of smaller to medium sized pieces in a tank). I didn't want to be greedy so I only took about a pound (about 5 pieces).

One of the original pieces of LR is almost totally covered in a think layer of coraline.

Last edited:

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
heh heh...not much has changed. I took a few pictures yesterday but have not reviewed them yet. I had a lot of algae on the back glass but after adding a Mexican turbo snail that problem was eliminated. I still have on rock that gets blue green algae but that's better than all the rocks having it. I hope to have that problem solved eventually with weekly water changes.

I'm still looking around for a used 29g tank for a possible upgrade.