pictus cat

sandra

New Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I just got a pictus cat the other day ( sorry I don't know the scientific name ) I dont know too much about them but it has been chasing many of the larger aulonocara..is this normal behaviour?..and just wondering if anyone can provide me with any info about pictus cats or links to a site that has any pictures or info on them...thanks

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
hehe, pictus chase everything :)

have a look at www.planetcatfish.com , i think that's their address...

good luck!

(i'd check if your aulonocara is still in one piece too)

Oscardude

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
I have a couple in my agressive tank.  They are a little mean.  
They are fun but I wouldn't keep them in a community tank unless you fish are a good size.  I've herd they love to eat Tetra's(but what doesn't 8))

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
Spotted pictus are silver gray with black spots, and are lovely beautiful fish, but highly skittish and do dart around like mad. Sold also under the trade name Angel Pictus or angelic pictus, and sometimes leopard pictus, they're the most common I've seen on the market.

Pictus love to school, so several are advised, or else you'll have a glass pacer on your hands.  They also like lots of little caves to hide in. They are also highly carniverous to smaller fish like neons. If it can fit in their mouth, they eat it. I've had lots of luck feeding them Wardly sinking shrip pellets, and they're known to eat everything else too, from flake to pellet.

I don't know how big they grow, but it is probably 12"+.  Planet Catfish is a great website to look at, they have every known possible catfish there with a little blurb about care and feeding. You'll have to do some hunting around because all the names are scientific, but you'll get so caugt up in the photos you'll be enchanted.

~~Colesea