pictus cat question..

Oct 2, 2009
So I have a 4 line pictus cat who has lived with oscars and african cichlids all it's life (5 years). All of my fish lived harmoniously with no aggression. Slowly they've all gotten sick one by one and now I'm down to the oscar and the pictus. I'm re-locating the oscar, and was wondering if the pictus could temporarily live with koi and goldfish (until spring) or if I should set up a different tank for him temporarily.

Right now he is in a 140 gallon tank that I need for my koi and goldfish for the winter. I recently moved and don't have my pond in a state that I'm comfortable with for the winter. (I'm very attached to my pictus, he rocks!)

Feb 27, 2009
I think it would be hard to provide for a pictus and goldfish in the same tank. I guess if you used the lower range for the catfish and the upper range for the goldfish...

Oct 2, 2009
i do keep my koi and goldfish in similar conditions to my pictus, clean fast moving water, the only thing i am going to change for the koi is that their water will be heated. i keep their water parameters pretty much the same and they're all healthy. I mainly just wondered if they would get along.