Pictures of salt tank with new camera

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Testing out the new camera... heres my 29 gallon reef. A bit empty, but I'd have more corals if I could afford them. I think it looks good so far though.

Info:
-29 gallon tank
-Red Sea Prizm Skimmer
-150w Metal halide Pendant
-Seio 820
-Ebo Jäger Heater
-Aragonite Substrate
-Appr. 18ish??? Pounds Live Rock

Stock:
-Purple Firefish
-Clarkii Clownfish
-Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
-Frogspawn Euphyllia
-Assorted Mushrooms
-Polyps
-Bunch of different kinds of snails
-Hermit Crabs
-Lots of things on the LR

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2005
I have a canon rebel not digital and i love it. Sadly my husband bought me a sony digital because the guy in the store told him it was better. [sigh] Your camera takes dynamite pictures. My sony does not.

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Actually the reason we got this camera was because my father had a bunch of expensive lenses that he used with our old style camera... so we figured we'd reuse them with this one.

As soon as I get spare pocket change its going towards filling this baby up.

seastaar88

Superstar Fish
Feb 1, 2004
middletown, CT
your tank looks artistic ;) although, the glass could use a quick wipe-down ;) ;) ;) does the wall behind it have some sort of fabric treatment??? it'll look so great once you get some coraline algae growth on the LR. such clear water....doesn't even look like your tank has water, like the fish are just floating in air. great shots. im so envious of you digi rebel folks! :) :) :)

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Thank you.

Yeah I used to wipe down the whole thing but unless its really bad I only bother with the front.

Coraline has been slow to grow but that would look great.

The wall behind it is actually insulation... the tank is in my basement, wich also serves as a living room.

Jan 16, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Thanks

Speaking of a couple more pounds of live rock... I just got a 4 pound curved piece the other day and put it in... changed it up a little... Im not entirely sure I like it better but it looks cool. Not sure where I want the piece.

Limi310

Superstar Fish
Nov 30, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I also have the Digital Rebel - isn't it great? Of course, I'm not that great with taking fish pictures yet...practice, practice.
Your tank looks really good - I love the purple firefish - very pretty!