Picture Posting Info

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
This is a step by step guide of how to attach images onto your messages. :)

Attaching an Image.
1. Don't use the quick reply box, but rather use the "Go Advanced" option.
2. Be sure to enter your message and subject or it won't let you post!
3. Scroll all the way down and there will be an "Attach Files" option under the Additional Options menu.
4. Click the manage attachments button. A popup (New window) should appear.
5. Click browse and find the file on your computer.
6. Click the upload button to the right.
7. Submit your reply and the image should post with it.
**To resize your photos you can use pretty much any image software like photoshop, paint, or www.irfanview.com . Irfanview is a good program that you can download for FREE. :)

Hosting an image and linking it to you message.
- You can do this either in quick reply or in advanced.
1. Find a hosting site that allows you to host your pictures. Some include http://www.imagestation.com and http://www.imageshack.us/
2. Upload you pictures to their site and it should show you a URL for your image.
3. Copy that URL and go back to your MFT message.
4. Now where ever you want the image in your message type
and submit your reply.
5. Another option is to just click the icon near the top of the rply box that is of the mountain and sun (yellow and grey). This will keep you from typing the tags.
*Sometimes with this method you will get a small box with a red "X". This either means the server you hosted the pic on is down, or the URL is typed wrong.

If you already have your pictures on a website, simply right click on the picture, click properties and copy the URL. Then from there use the steps above for Hosting an image and linking it to your message.

hyunelan2

Large Fish
Jun 1, 2005
Near Chicago, IL
^^^ You need to use IMG tags. It should look like this (IMG)theaddressofthepicture(/IMG). Use Brackets "[ ]" instead of Parenthesis "( )" when you're actually doing it. I had to use parenthesis in my example, otherwise the software would have thought I was actually trying to post a picture.

angelmom

Large Fish
Dec 19, 2005
Vernon, CT
Ok I'm picture posting stupid. I just can't seem to get them to pop up as anything other than a link. Am I'm I missing the whole (img) tag thing? Maybe talk to as if I'm stupid (ok not that far off) then maybe I'll get it.

zoo minsi

Large Fish
Jan 8, 2005
michigan
Visit site
ok step one

goto this link http://www.imageshack.us/

2.check the box that says resize image and set the image size to 640x480 (thats the size these pictures are set to.

3. click the browse button, this will let you find whatever picture you want on your computer (its upto you to know where you saved it and what its called) click on the picture you want and click open. then click the host it button.

4. highlight the text in the direct link to image box, its toward the bottom of the page, and copy it.

5. start a post and to insert the image into your post simply type
. Make it all continous no space between the img text and /img

6. repeat for each picture you can put more then one picture in a post, gl hope this helps. This will also work for replying to a post but you need to use advanced post not quick replyas cichlid-man said. I just started using imageshack so there may be an easier way if so im sure someone will help ya out.

Last edited:

zoo minsi

Large Fish
Jan 8, 2005
michigan
Visit site
angelmom said:
Ok I'm picture posting stupid. I just can't seem to get them to pop up as anything other than a link. Am I'm I missing the whole (img) tag thing? Maybe talk to as if I'm stupid (ok not that far off) then maybe I'll get it.

oh and btw your not stupid just learning *BOUNCINGS

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
zoo minsi,

That was very helpful, thank you. *thumbsups

angelmom,

If it makes you feel any better, I couldn't figure it out either. :eek:
I tried those tags, but they didn't work...then I finally figured out that the address that they had to contain needed to be from a URL, and not merely from my hard drive.

Anyway, guess we've gotten that straightened out now!

Big Vine

zoo minsi

Large Fish
Jan 8, 2005
michigan
Visit site
lets see if this works my beautiful girlfriend is going to be my guinea pig to see if this is easy or not, puters dont like her =)

test

ok if this works then you are seeing my puppyfrog and my girlfriend was able to understand tthis meaning i have suceeded in making it very easy *BOUNCINGS *BOUNCINGS *BOUNCINGS *BOUNCINGS

and thanks big vine its a rare thing when i actually know enough to help out around here :D

Last edited:

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Did you read the instructions? Best advice is to go to www.irfanview.com and download their free program. You can then open up your picture through that program and go to "image" then "resize/resample", change the pixel width/height to a reasonable dimension (say under 800 or so) and then save the new picture on your computer and try uploading that one.