Pic of my 10 gallon. need plant suggestions!

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
Hi Guys,

Finally..a picture of my 10 gallon. BUT..I just took out all the microswords. they weren't growing at all. and the majority of them were rotting so i have a small problem with BGA right now. So basically..here is is..

really no plants in it besides the java fern and a anubias in the back.

6 neon tetras, 1 albino tetra, 1 glowlite tetra, 1 julii cory, 2 ottocats and 2 amano shrimps.

took out one of the bulbs so now i have about 1.8watts/gallon.

it's kinda bare..so i was hoping for some suggestions as to what kind of plants i should get. I like the driftwood alot so i don't want something to cover it up. so i guess some good background plants. so any suggestions?

SegaDojo

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.intergate.ca
How about Hemianthus micranthemoides

the micranthemoides is supposed to grow quickly and trimming is really easy to do.

I would have recommended stargrass cuz it grows really fast in my setup and its quick growth would help your battle against algae.  But since you've lowered your wpg, it probably won't grow well.

I just purchased the micranthemoides for my tank today.. as well as glosso, and ludwigia inclinata (i think).  i'll let you know how the micranthemoides does.

ryanp15

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Kentucky
[glow=color,strength,width]Sounds great I didn't see that this was an older post guess I should have look first hhuh!

Ryan ;D[/glow]

Franky099

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
southern Ohio
www.aquabid.com
Amazon swords grow really well in my 10 gallon tank.  I bought a package of the bulbs at my LFS.  In about a week they had sprouted and are growing really well.  I've had them close to a year.  I've had to trim them several times.   For a quick start though, you could buy potted plants or bare rooted plants as well.  They make a nice background plant.

SegaDojo

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
www.intergate.ca
i don't think swords come in bulbs.. are you sure its not aponogeton bulbs instead?

arcab... what species of val are you using?
i used to use val. spiralis... but it totally outgrew my tank...  looks really nice at first though.