Photos~!

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
Thanks you two :) And I am just using a Sony Cybershot (super old school) from like 2004. Yea, crazy I know. I had a Canon XTi but took it back, hoping to re-buy it soon, it took lovely photos.

And what do you mean by glass? As in lens? No camera lens. Otherwise if you are asking about my aquarium glass, I have no idea...
Hey, there's nothing wrong with a Cybershot. That's what I use when I'm not shooting with my Canon XS. Bought it around 2004 or 2005 and have taken thousands of pics. Hoping to get a Canon T2i real soon (or at least when I can get about $800 saved up).

Glass is a slang term used to refer to lenses. Thought maybe you used a fast lense (like a f/stop of about 1.8 or similar). If you got those shots with a point and shoot cam that's awesome!

Okay I thought lens, but I wasn't sure. I adore photography but so do not know the terminology. I'm an in the moment kind of photography, I just go for it without knowledge, ha.

I love my cybershot, but it still amuses me how great it works with how rapidly technology changes. The Canon T2i is gorgeous, I paid about 1100 (tax included) for the Canon Xti bundle with a telephoto lens and 55mm lens, bag and accessories. I really can't wait to get it back, although when I had it I tried taking photos of the tank and couldn't snag any great ones. But I'm super new to DSLR cams. Are you pretty so into photography?

I'd have to say the best thing with the photos is I catch the shrimp when they are stopped for a moment, when in motion they are just a no go. Oh yea, and it's on the macro setting (my fav).

Thanks again though :D

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
Getting pics of moving shrimp is hard without a flash. Tripods are great to have when shooting pics of tank critters. Turn out the lights in the room and shoot away. If using the flash don't shoot directly at the tank.

I've been into photography for years. Bought my first SLR (a Canon AE-1) at a pawn shop in '89 or '90. Used that until I bought a Canon Rebel X, which is ten years old and hardly used.

$1100 for a bundle is not bad, considering the telephoto is about $250 and the other accessories are never cheap.

Recently bought a lense for low-light situations (like fish tanks). Paid $375 for that, so it's not a cheap hobby (much like aquariums, at least the salt side of things).

Maybe I'll try that out sometime, I do have a tripod! I can never get fish photos because they don't sit still like inverts lol!

Either I am very young or you're very old :p You bought your first camera (if in 89) when I was born! It wouldn't be until about 10 years later that I'd even be into photography.

Definitely not cheap hobbies, but boy are they fantastic! $375 is not too bad at all and that lens I had bought was on sale for $200, Best Buy has great camera bundles. Now you make me want to get a new camera asap!

Since I have so many of my shrimp photos here I think I'll stick to it so they're not all over the place, making clutter! :) Here are a few more photos from today:

RCS:

Wild RCS (I say "wild" because on a shrimp forum that seems pretty credible thinks that is what this shrimp is and until someone else disagrees, it's wild!):

Amano:

CRS (this is the female):

Bee Shrimp (this isn't the best photo, but goes to show why I can never find them, SO hard to see them on the black substrate. I bought 2 more today, for a total of 5):

They truly are very fascinating, especially Amanos they have SO much personality but can be aggressive. I thought they'd be a lot more difficult to keep and I remember a time when I was having multiple shrimp deaths it was so awful, due to too much CO2 I'm thinking. But other than me messing with the CO2 they are pretty easy to maintain.

Especially the CRS I hear everyone talking about how sensitive they are and you can see they often sell for about 15-20 a piece, so it's crazy. But I have two and they are so simple and still alive and I don't do anything fancy..I did tell them I wouldn't be thrilled if they died because I spent a bit on them :)