PetSmart 10 for 10 deal

Lotus

Ultimate Fish
Aug 26, 2003
Southern California
home.earthlink.net
PetSmart currently has 10 fish for $10 (with the PetPerks card). They have a bunch of fish in the deal: Jumbo Neon Tetra, Medium Red Micky Mouse Platy, Medium Sunburst Mickey Mouse Platy, Female Fancy Guppy, Medium Chinese Algae Eater, Large Longfin Zebra Danlo, Large Cherry Barb, Medium Sunburst Wag Platy, Small Fantail Goldfish.

Offer good until June 25, 2006

FishLuvr

Large Fish
Jun 19, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa
Lotus said:
PetSmart currently has 10 fish for $10 (with the PetPerks card). They have a bunch of fish in the deal: Jumbo Neon Tetra, Medium Red Micky Mouse Platy, Medium Sunburst Mickey Mouse Platy, Female Fancy Guppy, Medium Chinese Algae Eater, Large Longfin Zebra Danlo, Large Cherry Barb, Medium Sunburst Wag Platy, Small Fantail Goldfish.

Offer good until June 25, 2006
Unbelievable, i JUST got home from Petsmart, and NOW i read this haha, oh well, im pretty much stocked anyway, i did grab up a Digital timer power outlet, with two daytime outlets two nightime outlets and 4 regular outlets that arent on a timer, and its digital, for only 32 bucks with tax, i expected it to be around 60-80 WOOT!

dbacksrat

Superstar Fish
Jun 3, 2003
Glendale, AZ
Visit site
I've heard rumors that they might experiment with saltwater fish at a couple stores (I work at one that's just as good, if not better than our corporate store). I'm calling it right now: it will be a disaster. People are idiots when it comes to freshwater fish. They do zero research. When people come in to ask about saltwater fish, I always groan. "What kind of table salt should I add to make the water salty?" Stuff like that. If I have to explain live rock one more time, I'm going to punch someone. Other than the lack of knowledge, I can see massive fish loss in stores due to employee laziness. Petsmart's saltwater dry good section is so tiny anyway, full of inferior equipment such as the Seaclone.
Anyway, back to the 10 for 10 deal. Not a bad deal, but the quality of the fish for sale is questionable because they are delivered by the hundreds (last week we got 300+ neons, the week before 100+ fantails, and 100+ CAEs). Sadly, a fraction of these die due to the crowded conditions and care mentioned above. I just don't see how you can charge $1 for a fish that is not worth half...but then that brings the whole argument of placing monetary value on life.
Sorry for the rant. I couldn't miss the chance to bring down the tone of this thread ;)

Jul 29, 2005
Sunny Cali & Rainy England
My local Pet Smart sell's marine fish. (Or am I confusion them with Pet Co or Pets Choice or something :confused: ) Whoever they are (they're one of the big chains) I haven't visited them in time so I've no idea what they're like now. When I did go in, their number of SW tank was about 1/4 the number of FW tanks and their stocklist was the predicatable "staple fish". They looked healthy enough, although I may have been blinded somewhat by the flourescent day-glow gravel they insist on using. :cool:

Mooch

Small Fish
Jun 4, 2006
North Carolina
I work at Petsmart we have the 10 for 10 deal going on, we don't touch salt water fish because they would more than likely all die and if your in the area I'll get you a discount

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
RockingCricket, I think you're thinking of Petco. They do sell saltwater fish, just the really basic ones. No guarantees, which is the only way they can make any money off it. If SW fish were guaranteed from chain stores, they'd have to take back 2/3 of them as bodies from ignorant consumers. Actually, around here no one (even the LFS's) guarantees SW fish at all.

Pure

Elite Fish
Nov 1, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
That seems to be the norm every where I have been CAPS.

Petsmart is also having a sale on some smaller tanks. 10gals for $7 and 20 gals for $20. So yeah I picked up a few more 20s on Sat. :D

CAPSLOCK said:
Actually, around here no one (even the LFS's) guarantees SW fish at all.
I have come acrossed ONE OF THE BEST LFS ever.....They DO guarantee their SW fish for 14 days. They have awesome knowledgeable employees. Their tanks are pristine. Plus, they will give you a discount (up to 20% off) if you are a reg. It is the Aqua Pets LFS in Omaha,NE. Even tho I have to drive 50 miles to get there,it's worth it. A couple days ago I went up there just to look and walked out of there with about 2.5 pounds of LR..... she only charged me 3.75 for it.

Dr.Gonzo

Large Fish
May 21, 2006
Omaha Ne
Aqua pets is one of my faves, those bald guys know just about anything you could want to know about fish (one is saltwater expert and the other deals with fresh). It's not far from my work and sometimes I go there during lunch.