Pearl Gourami

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
I doubt a five you might be able to have a small one in  a ten but a 20 would be better. Only this fish and a few cories in a ten.These Beauties get to be about 4inches but, are less aggressive than their cousins. If you decide not on the Pearls there are many smaller dwarf gouramis you could put in a five.... maybe a pair of honey gouramis and a coupla small cories. Whatever she  chooses i hope that she is happy with them *thumbsupsmiley*

colesea

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NY USA
SoulFish, when are you going to get yourself an aquarium handbook? Axelrod (founding father of the aquarium hobby in the US) had a wonderful dictionary of aquarium fish published back in the sixties that is still in print today and considered one of the foremost guides in discriptions of fish. But even the run-of-the-mill books have at least a small guide of the most common fish.  Trust me, if you stay in this hobby long enough, even with only a five gallon tank, you will find such a book well worth the investment.

~~Colesea

SoulFish

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Florida
www.rainbowaquatics.com
i get all my info online from different sites there tons of em, i thought they were too big from everything i read i just wanted to double check for my mom cause she has always loved pearl gouramis and wants a small tank for in the kitchen