Pearl Gourami seem to be popular this week...

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
I bought two yesterday and just read where another member bought one. After looking everywhere for a pair I found some at my LFS.

I put a tank divider in my 10g and moved one of my bettas into it so I could house these two recent editions for the next 3-4 weeks. Then I'll have to take my other betta out of the 29g when they make it their new home.

Big Vine

Elite Fish
Feb 7, 2006
Florida
The one on the left does have a shorter dorsal fin and it appears rounder in person...plus the one on the left has the red throat area and the one on the right does not.
In the first part of the sentence, you're actually referring to the one on the right, correct? Just a little mix-up, eh? ;)

I agree 100% with ladymaiden...the one on the left definitely has a longer, more pointed dorsal fin and is also showing signs of reddening in the throat area. The one on the right clearly has a shorter, more rounded dorsal fin, so I'd have to say female there.

Looks like a pair to me. Nice gouramies, Tom. :cool:
BV

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
In the first part of the sentence, you're actually referring to the one on the right, correct? Just a little mix-up, eh? ;)

Looks like a pair to me. Nice gouramies, Tom. :cool:
BV
Heh....all I can say is that it's been a long day! Yeah, I meant the one on the right. If I had some real computer talent I'd photoshop that sucker and then I would be right..lol.

jessey

Large Fish
Dec 25, 2006
Tampa, FL
they look beautiful!! are they shy? i have one in my 29 gallon... when i first got him, he was SO shy, i named him The Cowardly Lion. of course, now the name doesn't fit at all... he'll eat right of my hand and everything!

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
Thanks!

The male isn't too shy but the female still seems to be. They're still in the QT and will remail there until at least June 1st.

I have two golds, also. The larger one is very shy and only comes out during feeding times but the smaller one is very curious and will come up to the glass. I hope to have them eating out of my hand like my bettas soon.

tom91970

Superstar Fish
Jan 2, 2007
Tejas
www.myspace.com
Thanks...actually that female can be read about in the obit section of the forum. I only had her for three weeks. However, my wife surprised me the next day with a new female pearl gourami...plus a powder blue dwarf gourami.

I have considered breeding them in about a year. We'll see how that works out.