Pearl gourami colors

MdngtRain

Large Fish
Jan 9, 2011
New England
I knew pearl gourami were pretty, and I heard they colored up, but nowhere did it say exactly how pretty they get under the right light! I just installed my power compact and wow! Their colors have totally popped. even from a few feet away, my wife saw the gorgeous rainbow simmer they have to them. The pics I've seen have all showed the pretty orange on their belly, but none of them captured the other colors. I'm so happy I liked them even without those pics. They are twirly gorgeous fish! If my camera can capture the colors, I will post pics. :)

MdngtRain

Large Fish
Jan 9, 2011
New England
I tried to get some pics. I also found that the glass cats shimmer blue & purple just under their ribs. SO COOL! The pics of the glass cats came out better then the pics of the gourami. The shimmer on the gourami is very faint, starting ornage under their mouths and pretty much rainbow under the belly (mostly the skirt & tail). It's really hard to capture, but I hope I managed a bit. The body shimmers purple, but it didn't come through on any of the pics.

Glass Cat Glow 2.jpg Glass Cat Glow.jpg Male Gourami Shimmer 1.jpg Male Gourami Shimmer 2.jpg Male Gourami Shimmer 3.jpg