PC lighting for a 70 gal.?

Feb 17, 2003
california 626 area
Visit site
you can, go to home depot and buy those round light fixture clamps. its about 8 dollars per each. then 6 bucks for a flourescent daylight spiral bulb. i have 2 DIY lighting + a strip light 48'' flourescent blue. my plants are showing great results, and probably even better when i do the DIY co2. but if you go to home depot, i realized you can think of some cheap DIY lighting.

Oct 22, 2002
regular flourescent bulbs are only good to a certain depth....I think its like 12-14 inches....beyond that I really feel that PC lighting or halides are needed.

Its not just WPG, it should be watts by depth....

dgodwin

Large Fish
Dec 2, 2002
Buffalo, NY
www.dgodwin.com
Are you looking for help with the wiring of the ballasts to the endcaps and bulbs, or are you looking for help with a canopy for the tank? Also, how are you getting 410w out of four bulbs. The highest wattage bulb I've seen is the 36" 96W bulbs. If you haven't ordered your ballasts yet, I would recommend checking out www.ahsupply.com They have kits which include everything you need to put PC lights in a canopy. They also have prebuilt canopies as well as free directions to make your own.

I have 220w (4x55w) over my 40 gallon breeder tank (36x18x17). I have the bulbs staggared so there aren't any spots where the tank isn't covered by the lighting. If you have any questions, email me.

amandab

Small Fish
Mar 14, 2003
westchester, ny
Visit site
I was looking for info on building the canopy itself, that the lights go in. "hellolights.com" has VHO ballast sets that are rated for 440 watts, and 48" bulbs rated at 110 watts. But I'll check out that link to ahsupply.com for those directions. Thanks dgodwin.