Oscar Cichlid eating

Meleemaker

Medium Fish
Nov 17, 2010
Pierre SD
I havnt fed him any feeders in over 10 months, so I thought it would be a nice treat for Leviathan...

[video=youtube;ekmGbqa5fTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekmGbqa5fTI[/video]

Its only worth watching in HD. 55 gallon tank

Meleemaker

Medium Fish
Nov 17, 2010
Pierre SD
Last week he tried jumping around and woke me up twice. Tonight, he was VERY active and completly moved everything around. Also thought he jumped out of the tank last night and it happened twice. He has all kinds of cuts on his face, tail, scales are missing. I have no idea why all of the sudden this happened...never has before....could he be outgrowing the tank? He is getting really big. I wanna get a 125 gallon, but they are super expensive and the only one I have access to is 75 gallon..

KcMopar

Superstar Fish
I have three in a 125G and they do that at night from time to time. Its happened ever since they where babies. All of my Oscars have always went crazy like that at least once a month or so, not sure why. Some times they go months other times weeks or only days between these episodes.
I will turn on the light and there are scales drifting everywhere in the tank and the Oscars are swimming wildly in every direction!!!! Maybe they have dream?? Makes me with the 125G was not in my bedroom. HUH, you know what they say about hindsight.