Ordering Discus

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
I might have to order the discus for my future tank, depending on LFS stock. So far there is one pigeon blood that Im for sure getting at the LFS, perfect condition, just an all around awesome fish. BUT thats the only discus they have ATM...Im not sure when they will be getting a new shipment either. So I might have to order some off of the internet. Does anyone know any good trustworthy websites that ship to Canada?
Thanks
Katie217

Fuzz16

Superstar Fish
Oct 20, 2006
Wellsville, KS
id stick with your lfs if you cant find a breeder. that way you can see what your getting before you pay for it.
i personally got my discus from willie. Discus_KC
im pretty happy with them so far, but like said getting them to canada might be expensive. :)

and i hav heared a couple bad stories about rocky mountain and them being stunted, not eating, coming in dead.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
Fuzz16 said:
id stick with your lfs if you cant find a breeder. that way you can see what your getting before you pay for it.
i personally got my discus from willie. Discus_KC
im pretty happy with them so far, but like said getting them to canada might be expensive. :)

and i hav heared a couple bad stories about rocky mountain and them being stunted, not eating, coming in dead.
So thats why they look so good! Jack and Willie have some nice stuff!

Katie217

Superstar Fish
Jul 15, 2006
Florida
Good News, found a local breeder...Well my friend was talking about her and hes going to give me her card. Hopefully if she has nice stuff Ill get some discus off of her :D

FishGeek

Elite Fish
May 13, 2005
South Carolina
You do know that just casue an LFS doesnt get in Discus on a regular basis doesnt mean they cant get them. Pet Stores dont reorder stuff that doesnt sell. If they have one discus now and it hasnt sold they arent going to spend money on more. But if you talk to someone and say hey I want that discus and Id like to talk to some one about ordering more, 99% of the time they will do it for you.

Jul 9, 2003
Columbia, SC
www.youtube.com
FishGeek said:
You do know that just casue an LFS doesnt get in Discus on a regular basis doesnt mean they cant get them. Pet Stores dont reorder stuff that doesnt sell. If they have one discus now and it hasnt sold they arent going to spend money on more. But if you talk to someone and say hey I want that discus and Id like to talk to some one about ordering more, 99% of the time they will do it for you.
But 99% of the time LFS discus are not good quality discus. :(

Oct 27, 2007
Hi all, New to the forum, new to discus. I just picked up 7 red/turquoise from 'somethingfishy.com' Nice size, not stunted, good health. My situation is kind of unique in that I live close (60mi) to the airport (Tampa International) that they ship them out of, so I was able to meet them there and pick them up.

Nov 12, 2007
Katie217, I just recently found this site... I'm wondering if I could get the name of the breeder that you found?

How did the fish turn out?

I'm in Castlegar BC and was wondering where to find a Discus breeder as well!