On your mark. Get set. GO!

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Yeah...so I'm sitting at work attempting to get something done, but all I can think about is the empty 5G tank sitting in my car in pieces.

I'M MOVING! (where's the screaming smiley face?)

Today at lunch I officially took down my 1st tank. I transferred the remaining guppies from my 5 to my 15 and the snail into the 10...and emptied it out tore it down and its in my car. I'm going to the new house in a little while to set it back up before I start transporting fish. I am debating taking my 10G tank down completely and getting rid of all of my guppies...transferring my ember tetras/harlequins and snails into the 5 and then putting my 15 & 1 in my office...which leaves space in the living room for a BIG tank :D

OR I could find a stand for my 10...put it next to the 15 in my office...and make the 5 my guppy tank. -=sigh=- decisions decisions.

We're moving in with a new roommate who has a cat and two dogs...should be interesting :)

Anyway...just felt the need to express my frustration/anticipation with everyone :) I might be a little incommunicado the next couple of weeks...but I'll be around as much as I can in between moving etc.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
Yeah...like I told someone today I'm excited to BE MOVED (new roommate, more space etc)...but not really excited to actually do the moving (packing, tearing down fishtanks, new landlord etc) :)

The 5 is up and purring at the new house. I have all night tonight to figure out which tank I'm going to move tomorrow...I see another sleepless night in my future.

Avalon

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Ft. Worth, TX
www.davidressel.com
I feel for you Froggy. There's nothing I hate worse than moving. I oughtta know...I own a truck...and I'm in college..."hey buddy nice truck can you help me move?" Moving a dorm is one thing. Moving out of a large apartment or house with lots of fishtanks makes you want to hire someone. Isn't it amazing that the more living space you are allotted, the more crap you collect? Moving yourself is the absolute worst! I have sworn (and sworn and sworn) that I will not move more than once per 2 years. With every year that passes, that number increases. I'll probably be moving this summer, and you're darn tootin' that I'm hiring someone while I prop my but up against a wall drinkin' beer, taking it hard. :D

ashleigh

Superstar Fish
Jan 8, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
I was shocked and amazed at the difference between moving out of a dorm and moving out of an apartment the first time I did it- because as you said you collect so much more crap. Which you don't realize until you have to move it.
So when will you be settled Froggy? Good luck! and I say go for the big tank.

CoNMaN

Large Fish
Jul 1, 2003
Madison, Wisconsin
Visit site
*Takes off running then turns around when I notice Im running the wrong direction...*

*then trips of the loach and cichlid on the track...*

Moving is a blast, (lord knows i have done it enough.) have fun with your new space. And go and get a 250gal community tank.

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
HEY AVALON YOU WANNA HELP ME MOVE?? haha ;)

Actually I dispise asking friends to help me with stuff...and since I'm poor, my family usually helps me move because they feel sorry for me and know I can't pick up my furniture by myself. :D BUT since my parents are getting older and my little brother isn't living in the state anymore...I have to resort to bribery. This weekend I have two coworkers, a couple of my brother's friends and a couple of my friends showing up to help me move...in return for as much pizza and beer (or soda for those underage) as they can consume :) Mom is paying for lunch, I'm paying for drinks, we're borrowing a flatbed truck from dad's work...we'll see how it goes. Its funny how you talk to people and mention that you're moving and the ones with trucks shy away from conversation! My boss even went so far as to tell me that he'd love to help but he sold his truck (even though he really didn't and he was just kidding and I hadn't even asked him...who asks their boss to help them move??!) it was funny...yesterday our IT guy goes "I'm not offering to help, but I have a dolly at home you can use!" haha

I got a quote from a moving company to move me...and they wanted 300 bucks...and sorry, but I can buy a LOT of pizza and beer for 300 bucks :) Not to mention I dont HAVE the 300 bucks!

Unpacking is usually difficult because thats when you run into everything and realize how little room you have compared to all of the STUFF you have. In this case, I actually have enough room for all of my STUFF...PLUS SOME! I'm totally psyched...and actually have gotten a lot moved before the furniture.

This will be my 5th move in 4 years...but the first one that I've had to move a fishtank. HOPEFULLY I'll be settled into the new place by the end of the month...we have some fences to mend before I can move my dog into the house, as well as I have a bathroom to refinish and some yardwork/housework that needs to get done before I'll really be comfortable and have people over etc. I think my roommate and I will be doing a big housewarming party to invite the neighbors over, and show our family/friends the new place after we're all moved in. Sounds like a good idea to me....now I just have to tell the roommate about it! hehe

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
-=whew=- what a weekend. I'm FINALLY finished moving (the big stuff) and had to do some rearranging of the fish/tanks than I had originally planned.

I ended up taking a bunch of guppies to the fish store, took the UGF out of my 10, moved my favorites (and a heater) into the 5G and as soon as I finish this post I'll update my signature for what I really have.

Something interesting that I wasn't expecting is that when I put my two mystery snails in the same tank THEY WONT LEAVE EACH OTHER ALONE! I actually think the green one is annoying the yellow one...I'm wondering if I should seperate them or not...

I also have my 15G hex empty now...so I THINK I have decided what to do with it, but not positive yet. Open for suggestions if anyone has some. I am going to change out the substrate I have in there and put sand in, then get an angelfish and 3-4 cories (hopefully pandas if I can find them) Do you guys think that would be ok? Filtration is going to be whichever filter I have leftover...but I keep up with my water changes, so I'm not worried about filtration.

I have some pictures of the new tank setups/house that i'll post on my website when I get a chance (hopefully tonight) for now there are only pictures of the empty house there.