OKAY!

Britnee

Small Fish
Feb 4, 2016
Did a little switching around with the 75 gallon tank! Tell me what you think!
20160228_133204.jpg
20160228_133210.jpg

CAPSLOCK

Elite Fish
Jul 19, 2004
Cape Cod
Looks like a lot of cover and hidey spaces but also a good amount of open space for swimming (and provide negative space from an aesthetic point of view).

Is the large dark crescent thing in front of the holey rocks driftwood, rock, or something else?

Britnee

Small Fish
Feb 4, 2016
What do you mean create negative space from an anaesthetic point of view? Lol I hope that's a good thing. The piece you're asking about is a piece of driftwood I've had for a long time it's like an L shape. I think they're comfortable because they are always swimming out and about and it's really funny because if you come to the front of the tank or they see you anywhere they all flock to the front of the glass. Even the catfish all come out! The bumblee bee catfish have actually come out in the daytime which is wonderful because they're soooooo shy lol

arcab4

The Big Fish
The Big Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Sunny Southern California
cool! be interesting to see in a few months to see if the white sand will take over or the black sand..or you'll end up maybe with a cool mixture of both eventually.

will you be cleaning the sand?

Britnee

Small Fish
Feb 4, 2016
There's already a little bit of both colors creeping into each side lol I guess we will have to see though what it'll do in the long run! I do clean it with a siphon vac. I basically stir up the top a bit and clean the surface. I have the assassin snails that like to burrow around in it to keep it from getting those toxic bubbles I've read about. The cichlids sift through it too so I'm sure I'll have a salt and pepper looking tank soon haha