Obituary for Gilligan Gourami, "Gill"

Feb 7, 2008
Gilligan Gourami "Gill", age unknown, passed away Wednesday, Feb. 6, 2008. Gill died from complications due to ascites , advanced heart and liver failure, better known as “dropsy”. He came into this world a shy Dwarf Gourami to two loving parents. Having lived most of his life in the Johnson’s 40 gallon tank in Nashville, NC; he was a well-known personality within the community. He was a cute little fishy with a kind soul that always seemed to help the little tetras find their way. Gill spent most of his time amongst countless friends, enjoying swimming and eating. He will be most remembered by his ability to bring smiles to the faces of others and always going out of his way to help clean the bottom of the tank.

To Gill, his greatest joy in life was spending time with his friends swimming through the bubbles, eating, and playing “Hide and Seek”. He is preceded in death by his two brothers Barney and Wiggles and leaves to cherish his memories, a black molly, Nora, 6 Cardinal Tetras, a long finned zebra danio, Gunther, 2 Red Eye Tetras, Johann and Sebastian , an Emerald Catfish, James, and a Plecostomus, Alfred. The Johnson family would like to extend a heartfelt thanks to all of their friends for the love and support given to them and to Gill in his last days.

In lieu of flowers, memorials (tax deductible) may be made to Ocean Conservancy oceanconservancy.org , in memory of Gilligan Gourami, 1300 19th Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20036. A private burial in the hallway bathroom of the Johnson Home was held following a short memorial service graveside, Meryn Johnson officiating. Gill’s former community will not be receiving any new friends until the cause of death is determined and treated accordingly.

iapetus

Large Fish
Jan 15, 2008
34:09:39N, 118:08:19W
Sorry to hear about Gill!

I buried my lost swordtail outside by our orange tree. I'm not terribly sentimental, but I just couldn't do anything less respectable than that.

And, I just recently brought a new swordtail into my home. I'm hoping that all the lessons I learned from Todd will serve Lauryn well! :)