NO "fix" (betta, mela, pima) products for bettas or gouramis etc.

Oct 15, 2010
I see that lots of people are using the fix products (melafix, bettafix, pimafix) in their bettas (or "air breathing fish's") water when they are sick. Please don't- it can actually harm them. It messes with their labyrinth organ, and can potentially kill them in the end. Plus, it doesn't really work to be honest with you- 1 tsp of aquarium salt per gallon added over the course of a day or 2 works wonders. Unless you are treating directly on the affected area on the fins, and nothing else works and the rot or whatever it horrible, and really affecting the fish, don't use it. It is not good for them. Please take this seriously, and use at your own (well, your fish's) risk if you must. Some people believe in these products- that is fine. Research in the internet- "melafix or bettafix bad for bettas" . Seriously. Aquarium salt (1 tsp per gallon as I said) does wonders for healing fins etc. I hope you will consider this when choosing a treatment for your air breathing friends.

I have nothing against the company or anything- in fact I use many of their other products- this is just a warning.