New

Oct 22, 2002
Hi everyone,i am new to myfishtank,i have a 20 gallon that i have had for 6 months now,it has 4 common goldfish,1 fantail goldfish,1 guppy,and i just added 2 black mollies.
                                                                 cathy

huck

Small Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Hi cathy...  Hmmm, I see a some problems...  btw, not meaning to critisize or anything, just letting you know...  
First, a 20 gallon is too small for that many goldfish, it is recommended a goldfish per 20 gallons of water...  They get big and produce a lot of waste...  Second, goldfish are cool water fish while guppys and mollies are tropical fish, requiring warmer water...

Oct 22, 2002
Hmm,well so far i havnt had any problems with my guppy,and hes been there for 6 months,now the mollies i just added today.I usualy try to keep my temp around 70,do you think that will be ok for all 3 types,yes i agree goldfish are messy,i do a 1/3 water change off the botton every week.To small a tank huh,i would love to have a bigger one but no where to set one up,i have an air stone and 2 bubble curtains in it to help circulate the water for more oxygen,will this at least be ok for awhile?
              cathy