New Southern Fish Addict

Oct 22, 2002
Monroe North Carolina
Hi, I'm confusedfishy (Charlotte).  In my haste I have already made a few post before I realized there was a site to intro myself.  I was so excited to find this site and I've been reading post all week.  Everyone here seem to have lots of experience in many areas of fish keeping, and they dont mind answering questions to confused people like myself.    I have a 10 gallon in my sons room with 2 angels and a couple of small tetras, and an algae eater.  I've wanted a bigger tank  for a while but something always comes up$$$$$$$$     anyway a neighbor is moving and i got his 55 gal. for 10 bucks.  Checked for leaks and all is ok. So now for the fun part, research!  WOW  this can be overwelming!!!  I also lucked up and got a emperor 400 on ebay (brand new) for 50 bucks.         As for me, I'm 35 and live in NC.  Have a 2year old and a 10 year old.  I do hair for a living and have just started a very interesting hobby *thumbsupsmiley*

Oct 22, 2002
Visit site
Hi! Welcome to the tank! I also have an angel, they're pretty cool, and I really love bettas. Wow, a 55 for 10 bucks! I wish I could find a deal like that! That's if my parents would let me get another tank, and if I could find anywhere to put it in my already aquarium filled bedroom! :)

Oct 22, 2002
Monroe North Carolina
Thanks blue for the welcome!  That may seem like a good deal on the 55 but it didnt have a hood.  Priced 1 full hood for 80 bucks or 2 smaller for 36 a piece.  You can get tank and hood for 99.   :-[.  Oh well, you gotta start somewhere. *celebratesmiley*

Oct 22, 2002
Monroe North Carolina
Luvfishies WOW 14 tanks!!!  How do you have time to work ;)I think a tank at work would be great.....I work in a small salon: 3 stylist and 2 nail tecs, and I can hardly find room for my equiptment, let alone a fish tank....I am still in the process of setting up my 55, and I just cant decide what fish to put in it..... ;D      thanks for the welcome