New Play Toy

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Kerry has a new Algae Scrubber convert, after he sent me a few Scrubber Web links
and I did a bit of reading, I took the plunge and ordered me one :) can't wait to get it online in my system.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Naw :) you know how it is, I just hadddd to put it on the shelf LOL There are two drain lines on the unit, the back up drain line is on the side, the main drain line is centered on the bottom of the unit. I didn't know where to cut the hole in the shelf for that drain line till I got the unit in. That's a temporary shelf for the unit, I will make, have made :) a Acrylic shelf made later.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Well, its going to take me a bit longer than I planned to get the Scrubber up and running. I have decided to relocate the MP40s and Battery backups to a, I will call it a control panel. I have been wanting to do this for awhile and it would be a pain to do after I get the Scrubber online, so the time is now. I guess I am starting to learn to have patients :)

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Started at 6 am, quit at 4pm and still have another day to go :) I got the Durso pump problem taken care of :) can barley hear it now, not giving up on installing the second return line, just have to come up with another plan. Took the Reef Octopus skimmer out and gave it a vinegar bath and tried to figure out what size pump was on it so I can order a replacement. I am pretty sure its starting to go out, but hey, its about 8 or 9 years old, so I think I got my moneys worth out of it. I had to pump the water out of the sump so I could move the sump tank over to the left about four inches. I needed the extra room on the right side of the tank stand to place the 2x6s and 2x4s to move all the MP40 stuff to. I got those boards cut and painted today, that will be first up on the list tomorrow. The sump was kind of a pain to move, I have never moved it since I built the stand, it was kinda stuck to the stand a bit. When the tank first broke loose from the stand, I thought I had cracked the tank I repositioned the manifold system, Someone told me that a Scrubber can help produce a lot of Pods for your system. My Scrubber is going to drain into the section of my sump where the feed pump for the manifold was sitting. Figured there is no since in all those Pods running thru my Carbon and GFO reactors. I moved the manifold pump into the skimmer section hope the skimmer will still fit in there now pretty sure it will. Since I moved the manifold system, I had to redesign and remake the shelf for the Scrubber, got that cut and one coat of paint on it. Not sure I am quite finished with the shelf yet, won't know that till I get the Scrubber put together. So tommrow, mount the boards for the MP40 stuff and move the MP40 stuff, am not looking foward to that then try and get the Scrubber up and running. Not sure anyone is interested in all of this, but that was my day with my tank. I don't think I told ya'll about the Durso pipe thing :( I was trying to add a return line into the tank from the over flow box. I shortend the Durso pipe to run the new line over the top of it to the other side of the over flow box. I knew there was a chance that this would cause the water flow from the tank into the over flow box to be a bit to noisy, it was so I had to put it back the way it was. Hey, you don't know till you try, just going to have to come up with another plan.

Last edited:

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
Got everything done today, all the MP40 stuff has been moved, so much better where its at now compared to where I had it before. The Algae Scrubber is ONLINE :) Did figure out that I need a bigger feed pump for my Manifold system, just isn't big enough to run the GFO reactor, Carbon reactor and the Algae Scrubber. I don't have the Carbon reactor running at this time. I will get ya'll some pics posted after the wife takes them.

strout

Superstar Fish
Dec 21, 2008
The first two are of the Algae Scrubber and the last pic is of the MP40 equipment I moved to a better location.

IMG]http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr67/strout2009/DSC_1113.jpg[/IMG]