New here.. not to fish :D

Jan 29, 2010
Philadelphia
My name is Ange and I'm new here!

My spouse and I keep 3 tanks.

We have an 85gal long with 3 red bellied piranhas (Larry, Moe and Curly). They are about 4-5". On and off we have had various crustaceans live with them, currently I think there is only a small red clawed crab with them. Crustaceans are the only things that seem to last in this tank. This is a new home for them and they seem to love it.
Angela Marino's Photos | Facebook (this was about 2 months ago)
Angela Marino's Photos | Facebook (From their old tank)

Our community tank is a 55gal long. Here we have our star, King James, who is a large and healthy Blood Parrot. He's several years old and about 5". He lives with a pleco, a small school of rainbow fish and a new baby parrot (he was dyed purple.. we considered it a 'rescue'), Ivan Killgrave. All of these fish get on swimmingly (pardon the pun). It's such a well established tank that we haven't added or had a fish die in quite a long time.

We have one more tank in our bedroom that is 55gal tall. In here all we have are 3 silver dollars and a sun/eclipse catfish. The tank is calm but I would like to get a 'star' for this tank. I'd like to get something that will grow to be somewhat large and can be kept alone (because I know 55gal is not enough to have 2 large fish). I would also like this fish to be rather mild mannered (or just 'mildly' aggressive. I was thinking some form of American Cichlid. Suggestions?

Thanks for having me here and I hope you don't mind me asking a question already, just in my intro post!