new discus

Oct 22, 2002
8) just bought my second discus , i can't fig. out what type it is ,it's only 2in and it looks very heathy, it don't have much color to it, it looks dull with the dark lines on the side i think i see a little blue dots on the bottom of the fin,thats all. does the color come in morew when it gets older, my frist one has alot of blu with red lines real faint lines on the side and thats about 4in. i hope to get a couple more,but only have is a 55 gal.

fishboy

Superstar Fish
Oct 22, 2002
Cincinnati, Ohio
Joe should know. but, i would say the 2 incher would be a brown discus the other maybe a brilliant or a pigeon blood ;) If you would like you could bring the fish to your LFS or discus breeder and ask what kind it is but, that would be risky considering how delicate the fish are 8)

Sorry i couldn't be much help

kitten

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
discus really aren't that delicate. Any fish is at risk from stress related diseases,  moving them around shouldn't be to much of a problem if you're careful.

what color you have is difficult to say by what you described, there's a lot of color variants that are pretty similar. your best bet would be looking at discus web sites and comparing what you have to the others, that way you'll know exactly what they are :)