New colors coming thru?

MdngtRain

Large Fish
Jan 9, 2011
New England
Since the storm, my betta was moved into my 29g community tank. In that time (like 3 days), he seems to have developed peach in his tail where it used to be sheer. Is this normal? Our should I be worried? The rest of his body has also intensified to this peach color under a sheen of lavender... In his 10g, he was just lavender, with a marbly body. He's about 8 months old...

Kiara1125

Superstar Fish
Jan 12, 2011
Florida
I wouldn't worry too much. I freaked out when my female betta wouldn't eat when I first got her. I mean, she had bloat, but the first thing that she ate was an algae wafer...and then she turned green. XD She has now changed from green to red, red to blue, and now blue to purple. She was originally pure white, and now her scales (the bottom edges on each one on her sides going from her gill covers to her tail) are purple. I asked a lot of people and they either never heard of this happening or they just blew it off and said that she was a marbled betta. So, marbled betta it is. lol :p

But mind you I never changed her environment. Maybe the fish population (more not less since she doesn't eat the fry or go after any of my male guppies with long, flowing tails. She's so sweet!!!), but other then that nothing has changed. I have kept her in the same aquarium and I haven't added any new plants or gravel from when I got her so idk. But hey, I'm not complaining. As long as your betta eats and is swimming around like normal, I wouldn't be concerned. Only I would be devastated if my male halfmoon blue marbled betta (he's my avatar!!! :D) changed into an ugly color on me. I paid $20 for him and I didn't waste that money for him to look ugly!! lol. Only they had some white males with dark red/black flare gills (idk what you call them lol).