New Canister Filter... Miracle worker or Miracle wronger?

Feb 10, 2011
Annapolis, MD
Ladies and Gents... Hello! What's up to some of the regulars on here who've already helped me with so much...

So, I've pretty much gotten my tank to the stocking level and type that I want. Very happy with the selections I've made and the fish I have but still always looking toward that 55-75 gallon tank that I really really want.

My tank, as you can see now, is a tad bit overcrowded but not terribly. Might possibly be in the market for making just one or two more choice additions but who knows.

Anyway, as you can see on my Signature, I'm running the one aqueon quietflow 20 and aqueon quietflow 10 in my 29gallon tank. Water's been ok but due to stocking among other things, have had some trouble with cycling my tank and still have high ammonia levels. The tanks been set up for over a month...

Anyhow, just wondering if anyone had any canister filter recommendations. I'm seriously considering a marineland magnum 350 or 350 pro to put in my 29 gallon to really give my guys some pristine water.

Thoughts? Opinions? Advice?

Feb 10, 2011
Annapolis, MD
I went ahead and bought the Marineland Magnum 350. I figured if I ever actually do get to upgrade like I want, at least I'll have a quality filter I can use it on. I'm still running the aqueon whisper 10 too so we'll see how it goes.. right now I'm kinda fixed on the tank to see if I can just watch the water clear up like so many say..