New additions?

AlyKat

Large Fish
Aug 3, 2007
New York
I've got this 55G and am thinking of adding something a bit more interesting...when I was a kid we had a 55G that had a couple of sharks, 2Oscars, a Jack Dempsey, and a few other fish...I think I'm gonna do an Oscar and Jack Dempsey again...maybe a Rainbow shark too...I know the danios will more than likely wind up to be food, but what about compatability with the clown loaches, plecos and tiger barbs? The fish I've got in there now are all on the small side, so I don't want to start out with big ones. I'll get them small. And how fast will they grow?

TIA!!!

FroggyFox

Forum Manager
May 16, 2003
Colorado
I'd agree, you're pretty much stocked as is between the loaches and the plecos...I wouldn't add any big fish to that tank. Even if the 55 were empty, I also agree that you do not want two big fish like a dempsey and an oscar in that size tank.

AlyKat

Large Fish
Aug 3, 2007
New York
Ok, so then I would do one or the other? I also have an empty 55G that I need to put some silicone on...oh man, my husband is gonna kill me...LOL! I saw the electric blue dempsey in the LFS, man he was sooooo cool-lookin, but it's a bit pricey for me. I'll have to stick with a plain one...it's all good though...they're such an attractive fish!

He wouldn't bite me while I vacuum out the gravel, would he?