Need help identifying snail species

Dec 18, 2016
I was at my LFS yesterday and picked up two new snails. The guy working there told me they were nerite snails and that I they could be transitioned from the saltwater thank they were in to the freshwater tank I was planning on putting them in to. I added a small amount of fresh water to container I was keeping them in and then repeated this process 20 minutes later. After putting them in to my tank they have yet to move. I have three questions and would greatly appreciate any kind of help in finding an answer to this.

A) Am I freaking out over nothing and they're just adjusting to their new home?
B) Did I kill them by trying to adjust them to fresh water
C) Are they even Nerite snails?
Unidentified snails.jpeg

Thank you for your time and help with this.

Oct 17, 2011
Santa Monica, CA, USA
I was at my LFS yesterday and picked up two new snails. The guy working there told me they were nerite snails and that I they could be transitioned from the saltwater thank they were in to the freshwater tank I was planning on putting them in to. I added a small amount of fresh water to container I was keeping them in and then repeated this process 20 minutes later. After putting them in to my tank they have yet to move. I have three questions and would greatly appreciate any kind of help in finding an answer to this.

A) Am I freaking out over nothing and they're just adjusting to their new home?
B) Did I kill them by trying to adjust them to fresh water
C) Are they even Nerite snails? View attachment 12993

Thank you for your time and help with this.
Hi Rakashel,

These two snails looks so cute;)
Will they be bigger or the same size?

Zhenya