need help about a nudibranch!!

Oct 22, 2002
I am interested in getting a nudibranch as I find them very beautiful however I raise seahorses and would like to put the nudibranch in the same tank but I have heard that a nudibranch can actually release a poison or toxin if disturbed that can kill your fish..is this true? I don't want to have a seahorse try to "hitch" on to a nudibranch to rest and have it kill the tank so I would like to know more before I do get one.  The one that I was looking at was simply described as a purple(kinda looks pink) with whitish/yellow tenticles and is an algea eater...sorry that's all I know, but for what I heard they are all poisonious. Can you help me with any ideas or suggestions?

Ovrclckd

Large Fish
Oct 22, 2002
NO nudibranches ever unless your trying to control aptasia, the colorful species don't do that by the way. The "colorful" nudibranches (Chromodoris sp., the one you described most likely Chromodoris elizabethina) are both toxic, can release toxins into your system, when they die they release  enough toxins to take out an entire tank, and they have nematocysts, stinging cells likelike jellyfish. Seahorses should be kept species ONLY tanks. Nothing, except for possibly snails in the tank. No nudibranch in the tank.