Need goldfish help asap!

Jan 22, 2010
Hi so I love aquariums and such and thought that I knew what I was doing.

The tank in question is just a small 10 gallon tank with 1 small fancy goldfish and 1 apple snail. The tank has been established since October, it's a Biorb.

Anywayyy, my fish is looking like he's on his last leg here. He's just floating around aimlessly hardly moving. It seems that the current of the tank is all that is keeping him in motion. I got the water tested at 2 pet stores and they said rarely do they see water this perfect. So that is ruled out.

What really worries me is my snail is technically still alive, but he is upside down at the bottom of the tank hanging out of his shell. I poked him and he retracted veryyyy slowly and he creeps back out 20 mins later.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY TANK? I am pretty sure it's not swim bladder and it seems to be a communal problem. I am overly attached to this goldfish (Poe) and snail (Rolling Thunder).

p.s. if it makes a difference, my fish has poop hanging from him. And he looks very sad :[

anshuman

Large Fish
Nov 16, 2009
Mumbai India
regardless of water quality, in times like this 30-40% of W.C always serves good, and if you can get your hands of Seachem Prime, adding that will help tremendously .

What is the water Temp? have you added something new to this tank lately? what about feeding? If its too cold, rasing temp will help.

BTW did you try to feed boiled and peel green peas to Goldfish, i know you have ruled out swim-bladder but still it helps goldfish. what are you feeding them btw?

anshuman

Large Fish
Nov 16, 2009
Mumbai India
poop hanging, i.e. faecal matter in long string from cloaca is sign of bad overfeeding, i.e your goldfish is eating too much. its best to stop feeding him, if its fat and healthy they can go without major eating for week. you should try to feed him just a lill at his feeding time. and see how it goes.