Nano Canister Filters

lludu

Large Fish
Oct 17, 2009
Frederick, MD
So I have a couple of nano tanks (talking 7g and below) up and running but I cant stand to have a lot of equipment in these tanks due to the small size, so i have really been searching for a good canister filter so i can get rid of the in-tanks and HOB ones...

I have found the canisters below, but I have never seen them working. So whats the best in terms of price Vs. quality for a tank 7g and under?

Toms and Zoo Meds are readily available around me, the others I'd have to buy online... so if anyone has experience with one of those two let me know.

Thanks~

Chef

Small Fish
Feb 8, 2012
Well i never used those brand but i can tell you to stay away from the SUNSUN, I ordered the sunsun aka Aquatopcf500 because it has the uv sterilizer, but when i got it was wet inside and dirty, i sent it back and got another one but same problem occured. I did some research and i found out that the company tests every unit. But they should dry them and clean them.
Anyway ended up buying a 2 fluval 406 and i can tell you that those work great. They have a small one for tank up to 25 gal so would be planty for your 7 gal just look into the mesurments. Here is a link